Performing An Isolation Test
- Internet not functioning at all
- Slower speeds than usual
- Connection dropping out
- Packet loss observed to all external sites
- The above symptoms indicate that an isolation test should be conducted to eliminate potential internal network (LAN) issues.
- If the isolation test resolves the issue(s) then the problem is most likely to be on the internal network. If this is the case please refer to your network administrator.
- Unplug your router from the ONT and plug a PC into the same port (usually Port 1) in its place.
- Please set the correct IP, gateway, subnet mask and DNS information on the PC, as was issued upon service activation
- Ping 220.127.116.11 (Google's DNS server) to identify if you can reach the wider internet
- If this fails you are also asked to ping a RISE gateway e.g. 18.104.22.168
- Conduct any further tests of speed and browsing that were failing before to compare results. If you are doing a speed test, please use the RISE Speedtest Server, as we cannot guarantee capacity is available on a server maintained by another company. Also repeat any MTR traces that you have previously provided to RISE.